Ecotelligent Homes can kill and remove mold from your Metro Detroit home. Additionally, we find the root cause of the moisture problem that is causing mold to grow in your home. Once determining what is allowing mold to thrive in your home, we use our building science background to address the moisture issue in your home to prevent mold from returning.
What is the process for mold remediation?
The Ecotelligent Homes team follows a strict process to successfully remove mold from your home.
- Set up a containment zone to separate the mold treatment area. This zone contains a HEAP air scrubber for air filtration.
- The mold treatment process starts by removing the mold and utilizing a mold stain cleaner that contains special deep penetrating surfactants with Hybrid Ultrapure Sodium Hypochlorite™.
- Utilize an EPA-approved and Michigan-made mold disinfectant. The mold disinfectant is a fungicide and positively charged to track down and sticks to negatively charged bacteria to kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses. The mold disinfectant and mold treatment killer used in the previous step inhibits the growth of mold and mildew; eliminates odors; and disinfects.
- Lastly, we properly dispose of contaminants and clean up with a HEAP vacuum.
Where is mold commonly found in a home?
Mold is due to moist areas in your home that allow mold to begin growing. Common areas where this can occur in your home:
- Vents, particularly in bathrooms
- Insulation, notably in attics
- Basements and crawlspaces, especially after flooding
What are the signs that my home might have mold?
As noted above, mold can commonly be found in hidden areas of your home such as the attic, crawl space, insulation and drywall. Consider checking these less visible areas for mold if you experience or are noticing any of the following:
- A musty or rotten odor
- Warped walls or damp wallpaper
- Noticeable black spots on an HVAC filter
- Water damage events such as flooding or a pipe burst
- Increase in allergy or asthma issues unrelated to seasonal effects
Does mold need to be sampled?
No, sampling is not required for mold. If mold is visible, the EPA recommends determining the root cause of the moisture problem in your home that is allowing the mold to grow.
The EPA does not have guidelines on acceptable mold types or mold spore limits, therefore there is no need to test it; it should be removed and the area should be properly cleaned.
Contact Ecotelligent Homes for mold removal
Reach out to the Ecotelligent Homes team at 248-291-7815 for professional mold remediation. Our team follows EPA guidelines for mold removal and prevents it from returning.
Ecotelligent Homes is a Metro Detroit home performance contractor. We work with Metro Detroit homeowners to create more energy efficient and healthy homes in the following cities:
- Ann Arbor
- Bloomfield Hills
- Farmington & Farmington Hills
- Huntington Woods
- Northville & Township of Northville
- Plymouth & Plymouth Township
- Royal Oak
- South Lyon
- West Bloomfield
Is Condensation on My Walls Normal?
Condensation on the walls of your home is not normal. Condensation can occur in bathrooms after a shower, or in the kitchen when cooking, but it should clear away relatively quickly and not linger. While condensation can occur, if it lasts long term as opposed to subsiding, it is typically a sign of a lack […]
The Effects of Indoor Air Quality on Allergies
Your home’s air quality can have a significant impact on your allergies whether you see it or not. Every day we breathe in air, indoors and outdoors, that can contain allergens and other contaminants that affect allergies. The good thing about indoor air is that there is a certain extent of control you have over […]
What to Look for When Hiring a Mold Contractor?
It’s known that mold is a problem to have inside your house. There are many health concerns and problems that can arise if you are living in a space with active mold growth. If you think there could be mold in your home, hiring a mold contractor to get rid of the mold safely is […]
Jenny & Matt
Overview Jenny and Matt are concerned with their environmental impact and knew their home could be more energy efficient. Problem During a comprehensive energy audit, the Ecotelligent staff identified several energy efficiency opportunities through improved insulation and heating and cooling equipment. We also found a few indoor air quality concerns including mold in the attic, […]
Chris & Larisa
Overview Chris and Larisa were concerned about mold in the attic of their West Bloomfield home. Problem The Ecotelligent Homes team started with an energy audit. During the audit, we did find mold. Approach Ecotelligent worked with a partner company to remove the mold from the attic of Chris and Larisa’s home. Our team utilized […]
Craig & Lisa
Overview Craig and Lisa noticed a difference in temperatures throughout the newly renovated home they purchased in West Bloomfield. Problem The Ecotelligent team started with a comprehensive energy audit. From the audit, the team discovered potential mold in the attic and insufficient insulation in the basement rim joists. Approach Duct sealing was done at the […]
THE ECOTELLIGENT DIFFERENCE
Ecotelligent Homes is a home performance contractor, which means we are a one-stop-shop and we manage the project from start to finish. We follow a three-step process when assessing and improving the comfort and energy efficiency of your home.