With summer quickly approaching, homeowners in the Metro Detroit area are trying to find ways to stay comfortable during the heat. The best way to determine what your home needs is with a Comprehensive Home Energy Audit.
WHAT IS AN ENERGY AUDIT & WHY SHOULD I GET ONE?
Just like a visit to the doctor, an energy audit is a professional assessment and diagnosis of your home’s inefficiency problems. As certified professional experts, the auditors at Ecotelligent Homes perform a comprehensive analysis of your entire home, including:
- Visual inspections of basements, crawl spaces, and attics to inspect insulation and ventilation
- Health and safety tests for natural gas leaks and carbon monoxide
- Efficiency assessments of your heating and cooling units and ductwork
- Blower door testing to measure the amount of air leakage
- Thermal infrared scans to locate missing or insufficient insulation and to identify sources of air leaks and drafts
At the end of your energy audit appointment, Ecotelligent Homes will present you with clear solutions for your home’s energy efficiency, comfort, and health issues, including:
- Straightforward and concise summary of the audit’s results, comparing your home to ENERGY STAR standards
- Three detailed quotes to install the insulation, heating and cooling, or renewable energy solutions recommended for your home
- Details on available tax credits, energy efficiency rebates, and financing
When you have Ecotelligent Homes conduct an energy audit, perform improvements, and a quality assurance check, you’ll experience a home that’s more comfortable throughout the entire year. These solutions ensure you’ll stay cool and comfortable during the summer and warm and cozy during the winter.
WHY SUMMER IS STILL A GREAT TIME FOR AN ENERGY AUDIT
A home energy audit can be performed during any time of the year. You don’t need to wait for the middle of summer or the blistering cold of winter!
At Ecotelligent Homes, we have advanced thermal infrared cameras that allow us to analyze your home with just a 10°F temperature difference between the inside of your home and the outdoor temperature. While this may require adjusting the thermostat, the team can achieve the temperature difference. The best time of day during the summer to get your energy audit is either in the morning, before the sun has heated your home, or in the afternoon, when the air conditioning can be adjusted to compensate for the additional heat.
UPGRADE YOUR SOUTHEAST MI HOME’S COMFORT WITH ECOTELLIGENT HOMES
At Ecotelligent Homes, our trained and certified experts are here to help. We always begin with an energy audit and once we know exactly what your home needs, our trained and skilled team implement the recommended upgrades like insulation, high-efficiency heating and air conditioning equipment, and renewable energy systems.
Finally, we perform a quality assurance check to ensure your home’s solution is set up for long-term success. Thanks to help from our team, you’ll no longer have to spend another season in an uncomfortable home.